The Mysterious I.D. Vide in Newton’s Nemesis can be used in many ways to launch lessons about fractions. This free download is a lesson outline that uses the engaging story to introduce conversations about fraction multiplication, scaling recipes, and more.
This lesson will help students explore:
- Patterns created when whole numbers are divided by proper fractions and the result is a whole number.
- Whole numbers divided by proper fractions using the measurement model of division.
- Exploring referent units of fractions when determining remainders of division problems.
- Introducing the common denominator method to divide fractions.
This will allow you to download all the files and the materials you’ll need to accompany The Mysterious I.D. Vide in Newton’s Nemesis, No. 3 [Sold separately].
- Lesson Outline NN3 Fraction Division by Measurement
- Overhead Displays
There are no reviews yet.